Thursday, May 15, 2008

Borges and I

In my opinion, I found Borges story to be perplexing. When I read it the first time I didn’t grasp the concept that Borges was trying to portray, only after the second time did I notice that Borges was referring to an internal conflict that he finds himself dealing with. Though puzzling, I found the story to be distinctive because the way that Borges conveys his use of words makes it unique from other stories. Also, what makes this story fascinating is that when you think that you finally realize what Borges was trying to express through his reading he closes off the story with a bewildering statement such as, “I do not know which of us has written this page;” phrases like that are found threw the whole story and truthfully they threw me off completely.

No comments: